The world is experiencing an unprecedented CLIMATE CHANGE induced environmental Crisis of high temperatures with extreme drought, wild fires & water scarcity in one part of the country accompanied by devastating floods, along with unrelenting covid 19 pandemic encompassing all countries of the world.
WATER (Watershed Association for Training Employment and Resource utilization), New Delhi (estd AT1990 at hazaibagh, bihar, india ) is a non profit Civil Society organization spreading the message of ‘Global Green Vision through Local Action’ emphasizing grassroot initiatives on water shed based developmental approach .
WATER is primarily concerned how best the Civil Society Organisation can help in tackling the burning problems of ‘Covid 19 Pandemic’, leading to Increased Water Scarcity+ Sanitaration to meet the immediate Challenges of Water & Food which are making a major concern to both the understanding and the management response to livelihood and water scarecity brought into focus by Corona Virus Pandemic during last 2 years.
WATER is striving to create awareness, understanding and of adaptability by rural farmers and villagers on key on water scarcity,Climate Change adaptation vis a vis livelihood, social equity, policy reform for local action by local governments in social and economic development emphasizing water management, health and sanitation.
WATER has opened a long term collaborative partnership with GP Watertech Consultants Pvt Ltd Company, New Delhi(established 2009, under MCA Act 1956)
WATER believes and tried to propagate over the last 23 years to create awareness on scientific water management and just & judicious use for sustainable social system for economic and efficient living to overcome the present difficult scarcity conditions in India & other similar developing countries.
- WATER seeks to enable various stake holders Community Based Organisations for sustainable productivity improvement and equity in income generation through “Auto Functional Concept” and ‘Global – Green Mission’ (think globally and act locally): Idea is to make it a movement for a green society with market oriented enterprises by promoting Bio-regenerating/Organic/Vedic /Natural agriculture with Resource Conservation and its sustainable management ( being practiced from time immemorial by traditional tribes in Asia & Africa) with locally available/products and resources for livelihood development.
- Reduction of Poverty by focusing on Multiple/Alternate use of existing resources and gradual technical & commercial management aspects by Capacity Building of small village based NGOs/farmers/Self Help Groups/Water Users Associations/Fishery Interst Groups / Youth Clubs.
- Participate in existing Government/Donor funded projects as Project Implementing Agencies to create small & micro enterprises (SMEs) and Start Ups and Self Employment Enterprises by individuals with ambition to realize this vision into a reality through real time networking with WATER.
- WATER assists in solving the problem of cooperation for accessing healthy food, employment & livelihood near home, health & education facilities (offered by Governments/Donor Agencies) gradually and sustainability on scientific line by the people themselves (WATER acts as an catalyst of development).
WATER is striving for integrated holistic development in its area of activities:
- Creation of compassion and fellow feelingness, skill and leadership quality, initiative for taking up sustainable independent livelihoods enterprise with local low cost resources
- Promote small area based resource conservation entities, Water Harvesting Structures like Ponds, Open Wells, Check Dams, Nulla Bundh, Irrigation and drainage channel, Soil and water conservation/management on scientific line (based on WATER BUDGETING) with the assistance of the Thrift Groups(WUAs, FIGs, Self Help Groups/User Groups) for water secure villages as a first step for rural rejuvenation/industrialization.
- Water scarcity management with appropriate proven farming system suited for the local farmers and his small land holding.
- Livelihood/employment generation especially in the low productive/high potential backwards states ( specially in left extremism dominated areas of Eastern India)
Philosophy :WATER has adopted the procedure to involve the available experienced personnel of the area in a sustained short/long term contractual arrangement for wide awareness/activities, community action. Modus operandi is to tie with existing ongoing projects, resource/research organizations, scientist/resource persons, developmental experts, financial institution to supplement each other and bring them to a common meeting point for pro village/poor and grass root development. The location specific community related problem like Skill Development, Climate Change Adaptation, Land Degradation & Environmental Deterioration, Water Management ( excess and scarcity) and livelihood development.
Legal Entity : The Association initially worked only at Hazaribagh Jharkhand, till 1996 and subsequently registered as an All India nonprofit research cum developmental voluntary society/association at National Capital Territory of Delhi vide Reg. No.S-33251 of dated 13.7.1998, to enlarge its philosophy, ideas, activities & objectives. It is exempted under IT Act under 12A, AA and 80 GG acts. It is registered with various national and International Agencies like Guidestar, Donor Crew etc.
State Chapters : In keeping with its philosophy of long term meaningful networking for scientific works and initiatives WATER has developed facilities at various states starting with its initial place of work at Barka Gaon Road, Sirsi village, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand where it has its own Campus with training/lecture rooms, nursery/vermi compost/ bee keeping/agro forestry/rain water management/micro irrigation units operated by SHGs in its surrounding 7 districts/villages.
Head Quarters Facility : WATER subsequently shifted HQ’s at Delhi Goela Vihar Phase II, Goela Dairy Delhi--71 near Sector 10 Metro Station Dwarka. Head Quarters building is equipped with modern office facilities/ library/meeting hall/Guest rooms etc.
Partnerships : WATER was a collaborating partner of IARI, PUSA Institute/ICAR on the adaptive research initiatives/consortium partner in the World Bank –Gobal Environmental Facility funded ‘Strategic Intervention in Agriculture for Climate Change Adaptation’ Project of IARI, PUSA (2009 to 2013) and worked as a grass root implementer of the project at MEWAT, Haryana, for the dry land eco system. It involved 4 clusters of villages (9 Nos) at Nuh Block for developing a model of sustainable agriculture based livelihood system for the villagers through ‘on farm’ and ‘off farm’ activities. WATER was a NGO collaborator to BCKVV, Nadia, WB in the DOLR/Rural Development GOI, Project (2007-10) Technology Extension and Demonstration for productivity improvement and economic sustainability of aqua-terrestrial farming system on wastelands under humid areas of Burdwan West Bengal .
Networking : WATER has also developed facilities for long term initiatives/networking for voluntary social works at all the place of its activities/works for meaningful presence at WB, Jharkhand, Bihar, Haryana, MP etc. At other places Kerala, Rajasthan, UP, Assam, Mizoram, Nagaland etc WATER has networking facilities.
Institutional Arrangements : Presently WATER constituted a national Panel of Experts/Consultants (as per need) with the guidance of the Governing Body / State Chapters. Secretary assisted by President/Vice President/GB members is looking after the activities/works along with the Joint Secretaries at state chapters. At the State Chapters Joint Secretary (State Chapter) and nominated/hired experts/consultants and employed staffs are looking after the project activities. WATER has developed extensive networking and liaison with Central Govt Ministries/State Departments and State Agricultural Universities and other Resource and Voluntary Organizations.
Over the years WATER had been working in the field of literacy/health/women and child development/urban poverty alleviation programs/Bhagidari Activities in Delhi.
WATER has taken up tribal area development on watershed approach with women and gender positive activities, technology transfer on environment, water management /agriculture/agro forestry/ horticulture/agro processing/ animal husbandry/fisheries and value chain for marketing for better price to producers
It has taken up large scale soil and water conservation/ water harvesting and utilization/supplemental irrigation & watershed development, organic farming in Haryana, MP, Jharkhand/Bihar and West Bengal over the last 23 years.
Completed Project funded by CAPART/Ministry of Rural Development/GOI for “Organisation of Beneficiaries at Nuh, MEWAT, Haryana” (2003-06) .
Completed Project ‘Technology Extension and Demonstration on training of water management technology (TDET) for productivity improvement and economic sustainability of aqua-terrestrial farming system on wastelands under humid areas of West Bengal”, funded by DOLR, Ministry of Rural Development, GOI, (2007-11).
Completed Project on ‘More Crop per Drop’- Farmers Participatory Action Research Program (FPARP), Funded by Min. Water Resources, GOI at JHARKHAND at 7 districts of Jharkhand (2007-2010).
Completed Project (2009-13). Supporting Organisation to IARI, PUSA New Delhi on ‘Climate Change Adaptation Project’ (World Bank-GEF funded US$ 2.45 Million) Haryana, MEWAT, Nuh, named ‘Strategies to Enhance Climate Change adaption in Adverse Region’( 2009-14)
Completed 4 Nos Project on Integrated Watershed Management Program , IWMP (www.iwmp.nic.in) Funded by Department of Land Resources DOLR Min. Rural Development, GOI and West Bengal State Watershed Development Agency, WBSWDA Kolkata, GOWB, at 2 districts of Birbhum and Paschhim Medinipur, WB, (2011-2019).
Continuing as Supporting Organisation/Consultants to West Bengal Accelerated Development of Minor Irrigation Project on watershed approach in 5 districts of WB Funded by Water Resources Investigation and Development Department Govt of WB. Presently working in only at 3 districts of Mlda, Nadia, Burdwan,WB,(2018-2021).
INTEGRATED WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME (IWMP), WEST BENGAL
- WATER has taken up Project Activity in the district of Birbhum and West Medinipur during 2011-12. As a result of this WATER has been declared as Project Implementing Agency by the DRDA/ WBSWDA vide Govt of West Bengal Order dated 05.06.2012 issued by WBSWDA,
- Accordingly WATER has taken up various Preparatory phase Project Activity as per Annual Action Plan and hired WDTs 4 in all of the 4 IWMP project as per GOWB rules and trained and are being utilized for all the IWMP related activities in collaboration with Village Committee (Gram Sabha), Panchayat Samities and Block/ District Rural Development Agency. WATER has completed the Entry Point Activities (EPA) in 90% of the villages totaling 122 nos after awareness programme and approval by Gram Sabha and Block (BDO)/ Panchayats and Watershed cum Development Cell(WCDC) at the DRDA at district. WATER has taken up Instituition and Capacity Building programme after due awareness and capacity building activities for WDTs, GP members, WC members, SHG and UGs and villagers and landless and marginal farmers. WATER has completed all the 4 Detailed Project Report itself with marginal assistance from Experts hired by WATER. WATER has completed all the approved expansion phase of work phase activities as per fund availability( only 30-35% of the estimated DPR target was made available) for which the Watershed Committees and watershed Associations and SHG and UG groups took active part in all 16 Micr5owatershed committees in all the 4 IWMP projects (Tables 1 to 9 )
Table 1. Districtwise details of IWMP Projects for development by WATER (2011-20)
|(in Ha.)||Rs Lakh|
|Paschim Medinipur||DRDC, Paschim Medinipur||President, Watershed Association for Training Employment & Resource utilisation (WATER)||1||Bhaluka (Jamboni)||IWMP-14 / 2011-12||3,249||3000||450|
|1||Laboni (Binpur-II)||IWMP-15 / 2011-12||3,946||3000||450|
|1||Dakai(Binpur-II)||IWMP-16 / 2011-12||4,258||3200||480|
|Birbhum||District Rural Development Cell (DRDC),Birbhum||President, Watershed Association for Training Employment & Resource utilisation (WATER)||Ajay Illambazar||IWMP-04/ 2011-12||7,329||3500||420.00|
Idea is to take up awareness and grass root development for implementing key initiatives propagated by national and international research organizations
1. Completed project funded by national and International Agencies in last 10 Years
2. Ongoing Projects
3. Summury of Bhaluka Watershed
4. PHYSICAL Achiev IWMP 14 Bhaluka
5. PHYSICAL Achiev IWMP 15 Laboni
6. Summury of Dakai Watershed
7. Annual Report 2017-18
8. Income Tax Return 2017-18
9. Income & Expenditure
10. Training-Employment & Resource-Utilization
11. Website-illam-activities 19-20
employment generation especially in the low productive/high potential backwards states of left extremism dominated areas of Eastern India.
WATER has adopted the procedure to involve the available experienced personnel of the area in a sustained short/long term contractual arrangement.
The Association initially worked only at Hazaribagh Jharkhand, till 1996 and subsequently registered as an All India.
Restoration of degraded water bodies
Restotation of Urban parks with degraded water bodies, New Delhi Delhi
Partially Grassed AreaPartially Grassed Area of DDA Park paschim Vihar with dry water body, New Delhi
Midicinal Plant Nursery 1Midicinal Plant Nursery (Poor Quality) DDA Park paschim Vihar with dry water body, New Delhi
Midicinal Plant Nursery 2Midicinal Plant Nursery (Poor Quality) DDA Park paschim Vihar with dry water body, New Delhi
Midicinal Plant Nursery 3Midicinal Plant Nursery (Poor Quality) DDA Park paschim Vihar with dry water body, New Delhi
Midicinal Plant NurseryMidicinal Plant Nursery (Poor Quality) DDA Park paschim Vihar with dry water body, New Delhi
General View of Planted AreaGeneral View of planted Area, DDA Park paschim Vihar with dry water body, New Delhi
Mantainance and Renovation of Water Bodies
Integrated Watershed Managment(2010-2020)
Poluted Water BodyPoluted Water Body At Prasadpur, Karol Bagh, New Delhi
Field Visit with CEOField Visit with CEO DRDA Nuh to Poluted Water Body at Village Malogh, Haryana
Dr D K Paul President WATER
Head Office: 23 Goela Vihar-II, Gali No 8A, P O Chhawla,
New Delhi-71(Near ST Thomas School)
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Medinipur office : WATER 656/10, Golak Bhawan, Raghunathpur, Jhargram
03221-257234 / 9910827003;
Birbhum office :WATER Balanand Smriti, Ghurisha, Illambazar, Birbhum
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com